Monday, December 15, 2014

Pumpkin Picking

  I can still remember as a child going to Linvilla Orchards in Media, Pa and shopping for pumpkins with my grandmother. With the harvest season approaching I am getting excited about going to Linvilla Orchards with my 6 year old son. As a child, I knew nothing about picking a good pumpkin, only concerned with picking the biggest one. My grandmother would say, " Do you think that pumpkin will make a good pie? "At 5 years old, pie making was no concern of mine. I was only focused on carving a better pumpkin than my friends. I know that my son is not concerned with pie making, and to be honest neither am I. and to be honest neither am I. I just want pumpkin shopping to be a memorable event in my son's life. I hope that when he is older, and picking pumpkins with his child, the smell of pumpkin's ribs will cause him to reminisce about our times in the pumpkin patch together. As I make memories with my son in Linvilla Orchards, I sometimes smell the scent of pumpkin filling which reminds me of my late grandmother. Pumpkin shopping will always be fulfilling to my heart.Pumpkin field

No comments:

Post a Comment